Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excell Worksheet

I created a 10 page document on 1 worksheet of a workbook. Can't seem to
figure out how to put in the page numbers beginning with the 2nd page. It
always starts on page 1 (my cover page). Any help???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/subs/firstfooter.html

In article ,
stemp wrote:

I created a 10 page document on 1 worksheet of a workbook. Can't seem to
figure out how to put in the page numbers beginning with the 2nd page. It
always starts on page 1 (my cover page). Any help???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to:
<File <PageSetup
Under the "Page" tab, at the bottom of the window,
you'll see "First Page Number", with "Auto" as the default.

Just change that to a 2.
--
HTH,

RD

"stemp" wrote in message
I created a 10 page document on 1 worksheet of a workbook. Can't seem to
figure out how to put in the page numbers beginning with the 2nd page. It
always starts on page 1 (my cover page). Any help???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Important:

To start numbering pages with a number other than 1, click the Page tab of
the Page Setup dialog box and then type the number in the First page number
box.

To insert page numbers on worksheets

Do the following:

1. Click the worksheet on which you want to insert page numbers.

Tip: To insert page numbers on multiple worksheets at the same time, click
the first worksheet tab, and then hold down CTRL while clicking the other
worksheet tabs.

2. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
3. Click Custom Header or Custom Footer.
4. To specify where you want the page number to appear, click inside the
Left section, Center section, or Right section box.
5. Click the page number button , and then click OK.

Note:
A preview image of your header or footer will appear in the Page Setup
dialog box.

Challa Prabhu