Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cant Send Email Attachment

Hello,
I am using Excel 2002 sp3
I too am suffering from this "General Mail Failure...Qiut and restart the
mail system"
error

I have tried all the steps offered by Ron de Bruin....... my original
problem was the commnad icon on my custom toolbar was inactive...so adding
the MIPIX=1 brought that back to life but I now getthe message above...

I did delete the .xlb still got the problem

not sue what "restart the mail system" means

I really need this function to work again and help is greatly apprecaited
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The recipient of my message didn't receive or can't open my attachment.

The recipient might be using an e-mail application that does not support
attachments or that blocks attachments of certain file types. If you need to
distribute files, such as .exe files, to other people, post them to a network
share or to a Web share that they can access. Or use a program, such as
WinZip, to package one or more files before attaching them to your message.

You might have used an Outlook feature that prevents Outlook from converting
Rich Text format to HTML. Make sure that you do not have any of the following
features in your e-mail messages:

* Task requests (task request: A request sent in an e-mail message asking
the recipient to complete a task. If the recipient accepts the task, it is
added to the recipient's task list, and the recipient becomes the new owner
of the task.)
* Voting buttons
* User-defined properties
* Custom forms
* Embedded OLE objects

You might have sent the message using Rich Text Format to a contact whose
e-mail application does not support RTF. You should specify a different
format to use when sending messages to that contact.

How?

1. In Contacts, double-click the contact you want to open.
2. Double-click the contact's e-mail address.
3. In the Internet format list, click one of the following:
* Let Outlook decide the best sending format (HTML format)
* Send plain text only
4. Click OK, and then click Save and Close.

You might have sent the message in MIME format to a recipient whose e-mail
application doesn't support MIME format. Use the UUENCODE format to send the
attachment again.

How?

1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
2. Under Message Format, click Internet Format.
3. Select the Encode attachments in UUENCODE format when sending a plain
text message check box.

Challa Prabhu

"Dan DeCoursey" wrote:

Hello,
I am using Excel 2002 sp3
I too am suffering from this "General Mail Failure...Qiut and restart the
mail system"
error

I have tried all the steps offered by Ron de Bruin....... my original
problem was the commnad icon on my custom toolbar was inactive...so adding
the MIPIX=1 brought that back to life but I now getthe message above...

I did delete the .xlb still got the problem

not sue what "restart the mail system" means

I really need this function to work again and help is greatly apprecaited

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I appreciate all your suggestions and I will research all them....

My situation here is :

This email is our comapny email using exchange server and outlook for the
client so everyones stuff is setupp in a similar fashion.

One thing that has happened is I installed Excel 2007 (completley separate
install so as to not disturb.change any of the Office 2002 setup)

so I do not know if this still would have caused her excel 2002 setup to be
altered