Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Graphic Images: Can I Put One in a Cell as Mouse Rollover Only?

Hello.

In either Excel 2003 or Excel 2007, is it possible to put a graphic
image, such as a bitmap or JPG, in a cell, but make it only visible
upon a mouse rollover?

If it is possible, what is the procedure, please?

Is it complicated for a basic, novice Excel user to do?

Thank you.
J. Danniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are instructions here for adding a picture to a comment:

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are instructions here for adding a picture to a comment:

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

1. Right-click the cell which contains the comment.
2. Choose Show Comment, and clear any text from the comment.
3. Click on the border of the comment, to select it.
4. Choose Format|Comment
5. On the Colours and Lines tab, click the drop-down arrow for
colour.
6. Click Fill Effects
7. On the picture tab, click Select Picture
8. Locate and select the picture
9. Click Insert, click OK, click OK

I do not see a Colours and Lines tab.
I see a Color drop down menu, but I see nothing for Fill Effects.

Can you help me with this please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay never mind I found it.

I wasn't clicking the border.

Sorry about that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Danniel,
Besides you may download one free utility "Image to Comment" from comaddins
page of below site.

http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/

With this you can directly insert the multiple images in the selected cells.
e.g. you have 50 images in folder & you want to put this in comments of 50
cells, then you have to select those 50 cells & launch Dialogbox from
InsertImage to commentBrowse the image folder by Insert Imageselect those
50 Image files & open. This will put each images in selected cells so saving
time to mannually create each comments Edit comment....Insert Picture....

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Free addins Office Menu-2003 for Office-2007)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort.