Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing Empty Rows from Worksheets

Hi guys and Girls

I have a problem that i cant figure out here.
I have a document with several worksheets, on two of these worksheets it has
added all 65000+ Rows all but 3 rows are empty but the document saves as
though there is data in these rows, I have deleted the rows, cleared contents
but i still cant seem to actually delete the empty rows from showing on the
document,

Has anyone had this and how can i fix it without having to Re-Do all the
work done on the sheet because i have alot of data that is reliant on the
values within this sheet.

Thanks
Gareth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can't remove empty rows, there are 65536 rows in your version and that's
it.

Perhaps hide them?

Mike

"Gareth - Network analyst." wrote:

Hi guys and Girls

I have a problem that i cant figure out here.
I have a document with several worksheets, on two of these worksheets it has
added all 65000+ Rows all but 3 rows are empty but the document saves as
though there is data in these rows, I have deleted the rows, cleared contents
but i still cant seem to actually delete the empty rows from showing on the
document,

Has anyone had this and how can i fix it without having to Re-Do all the
work done on the sheet because i have alot of data that is reliant on the
values within this sheet.

Thanks
Gareth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Delete all rows and columns below and right of the actual data range.

Do not just "clear contents".

Then you must Save the file before the deletion takes effect.

Older versions required a save and close.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP