Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In data range select final value.

I was trying to use the IF statement to do the following, but it would not
work. I want to enter a number in cell A1. Then cell B1 will look that
number up (cell A1) in a table:
0-150 = 1
151-300 = 2
301-500 = 3
501-1000 = 4
1001-1500 = 5
1501-over = 6
Once cell B2 finds the right number (1,2,3,4,5, or 6) it will multiply cell
A1*B1.
Please let me know if more explanation is needed. I appreciate the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As long as A1 will be greater than or equal to zero....
Try something like this:

B1: =MATCH(A1,{0,151,301,501,1001,1501},1)

Note: You may have an issue with the small undefined gaps in your description.
For example, how would you want to resolve 300.5? Is that 2 or 3?
Unless A1 will only contain whole numbers.

Does that help?
(Post back if you have more questions)
Regards,
Ron