Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there a way (Excel 2003) to make a TWO LINE header in a column

I have problems with horizontal spacing because of the number of columns in
my spreadsheet. Some of the column widths could be narrower if I could make
a TWO LINE header. The data in the cells of the column don't need to be as
wide as the column is in order to fit in the Header.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have your tried the hotfix posted
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938538
Other have reported "incredible " speed increase
best wishes
Bernard

"StanB" wrote in message
I have problems with horizontal spacing because of the number of columns in
my spreadsheet. Some of the column widths could be narrower if I could
make
a TWO LINE header. The data in the cells of the column don't need to be
as
wide as the column is in order to fit in the Header.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you prefer a little more control over the final appearance, then using
[Alt]+[Enter] gives you a carriage return *within* a cell. Wrap text can be
a bit stupid about how it breaks up a cell's contents into different lines...

"StanB" wrote:

I have problems with horizontal spacing because of the number of columns in
my spreadsheet. Some of the column widths could be narrower if I could make
a TWO LINE header. The data in the cells of the column don't need to be as
wide as the column is in order to fit in the Header.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

"StanB" wrote in message
I have problems with horizontal spacing because of the number of columns
in
my spreadsheet. Some of the column widths could be narrower if I could
make
a TWO LINE header. The data in the cells of the column don't need to be
as
wide as the column is in order to fit in the Header.- Hide quoted text -

Alt-Enter will make a line break, creating a second line.

ed