Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Indirect List Data validation

I am using Indirect List referencing in a series of 4 dependent lists.
Is it possible to use an event procedure (or another option) to change the
font color of the underscores that I am having to use to connect multi-word
items to white?

I tried a global replace of the auto format underscores to white underscores
but it changes the font color of the entire cell.
--
THANKS!

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't change the appearance of characters in the data validation
dropdown lists. However, instead of using underscores, you could use
space characters, and replace them with empty strings in the data
validation formula.
There's an example he

in the section on 'Using Two-Word Items'

Steve_n_KC wrote:
I am using Indirect List referencing in a series of 4 dependent lists.
Is it possible to use an event procedure (or another option) to change the
font color of the underscores that I am having to use to connect multi-word
items to white?

I tried a global replace of the auto format underscores to white underscores
but it changes the font color of the entire cell.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You Very Much! I KNEW I had seen a fix for my problem on your site
(which is WONDERFUL btw) but couldn't find it when I looked for it yesterday.

Is it possible to nest the validation formula that you give for removing the
spaces into the validation formula for Dynamic Lists?

I tried several different ways of writing it but never got close enough for
Excel to suggest an alternative.

Either way, Thanks again!
--
THANKS!