Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Older versions of Excel

I have a spreadsheet with a form design and 2 very small macros.

My Pc uses Excel ver. 2002.

When I try to load it on a PC with Excel 2000, it won't load.

Is there away that I can make this work on older versions of Excel.

IF NOT . . .

When I develope a spreadsheet that I want to share with others that have
older versions of Excel, what version of Excel should I be using?

If this is what has to be done, how far back should I go in versions?

Personally, I think ver. 2000 is far enough back as that is at least 7 years
old already.

Can some give me good guidance please?

Thanks

Matt@Launchnet

--
Please take a look at www.openoursite.com Click on: "Keywords" and then
Click on "Matt's Story" and if you are a man, you should be very happy that
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Launchnet wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with a form design and 2 very small macros.

My Pc uses Excel ver. 2002.

When I try to load it on a PC with Excel 2000, it won't load.

When you say it "won't load", what exactly do you mean? Are there any
error messages? Have you tried turning off macros?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I should have given you the error msg. I know better.

'myfile.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be
trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server document is stored on
may not be responding.

I really believe that the problem is that I made the spreadsheet using Excel
2002 and it won't open on either 2000 or 97.

Additional ideas more than welcome

Thanks Matt

Gordon wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with a form design and 2 very small macros.

My Pc uses Excel ver. 2002.

When I try to load it on a PC with Excel 2000, it won't load.

When you say it "won't load", what exactly do you mean? Are there any
error messages? Have you tried turning off macros?

--
Please take a look at www.openoursite.com Click on: "Keywords" and then
Click on "Matt's Story" and if you are a man, you should be very happy that
you read my story. God Bless for everyones help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Launchnet via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Sorry, I should have given you the error msg. I know better.

'myfile.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be
trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server document is stored on
may not be responding.

I really believe that the problem is that I made the spreadsheet using Excel
2002 and it won't open on either 2000 or 97.

There shouldn't be a problem with Excel 2000 (unless you have got
incompatible Macros or formatting). 97 I'm not sure about. Is the file
actually marked Read Only?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks bj . . .
You were right. I hadn't done this in so long, that I did not see any other
savings because I failed to scroll down the list.
It works fine.

Much thanks to both of you.

Matt

bj wrote:
check in "save as" for older verions of excel in save as type

I have a spreadsheet with a form design and 2 very small macros.

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

Matt@Launchnet