Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default text won't extend to adjacent cell

Hello, I am using Excel 2002. I have made my own payroll spread sheet in
excel, so I have text in a few of the various cells. My problem is this:
sometimes when I am typing text it will print all the text even if it goes
into the next cell. This is what I want. Other times my text printed is cut
off, like it is hiding the part of the text that would extend into the next
cell. I never know what cell is going to behave this way, its hit & miss. I
want it to type any text I enter, even if it goes into the next cell
(provided there are no numbers or formulas in the adjacent cell), so how do I
make it do this even when it doesnt want to?
--
ladymjl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cell to right has something in it--including any formula, then the text
won't overflow.

If you have formatted your cell to wrap text (format|cells|alignment tab) is
checked, then the text won't overflow, either.

If you think that the adjacent cell is empty, select that cell and hit the
delete key on the keyboard.

ladymjl wrote:

Hello, I am using Excel 2002. I have made my own payroll spread sheet in
excel, so I have text in a few of the various cells. My problem is this:
sometimes when I am typing text it will print all the text even if it goes
into the next cell. This is what I want. Other times my text printed is cut
off, like it is hiding the part of the text that would extend into the next
cell. I never know what cell is going to behave this way, its hit & miss. I
want it to type any text I enter, even if it goes into the next cell
(provided there are no numbers or formulas in the adjacent cell), so how do I
make it do this even when it doesnt want to?
--
ladymjl

--

Dave Peterson