Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dates won't show?

I enter a date and instead a get a number that doesn't seem to correspond
with the date. The cells are all formatted for the date function, but it
still won't show the date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you're looking at formulas?

Do you see the date in the formulabar and some number in the cell?

If yes, try:
tools|options|view tab|uncheck Formulas

ctrl-` (control-backquote to the left of the 1/! key on my USA keyboard) is the
shortcut toggle for this.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

lease make sure you don'w have manual calculations on (Tools, Options,
Calculation)

Make sure it's on Automatic.

If you have Excel 2003, you may see a yellow indicator. Highlighting over it
would allow you to convert to date.

Last thought, how are you entering the date?