Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Work menu (Word) equivalent in Excel?

Hi all,

I am encouraging all my colleagues to use the very useful (and very hidden!)
Work menu in Word. A good question just came up ... is the same sort of
functionality available in Excel?

(I have also posted this in the Word discussion group as I figured the
members might be better acquaited with the function).

Thanks very much for any enlightenment!

SR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

because it doesn't, I have a folder called often accessed with a link on my
task bar, and make shortcuts to the different commonly used files and put the
shortcut in this folder.

it would be nice if Excel had in its file save options generating a shortcut

"Sharon R." wrote:

Hi all,

I am encouraging all my colleagues to use the very useful (and very hidden!)
Work menu in Word. A good question just came up ... is the same sort of
functionality available in Excel?

(I have also posted this in the Word discussion group as I figured the
members might be better acquaited with the function).

Thanks very much for any enlightenment!

SR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article ,
"RobN" wrote:

Any chance to get that add-in

Yes - email me with the subject line "XL Work Menu" to get past my
filters.

(and is it suitable for 2007)?

Not tested, but I tend to doubt it.

And....any
idea where that function is in Word 2007?

No - None of my clients move to Word 2007 yet (or indicate that they
will in the near- or medium-term future), so I've not played much with
it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. Right-click on the Taskbar, point to Toolbars, and then select click New
Toolbar.
The New Toolbar dialog box appears.
2. Select the folder you want to display from your local machine.
The Folder text box diaplays the current seleed folder.

Note: If you want to create a new folder and then coy or move files into the
folder later, then click the Make New Folder button inthe New Tool bar dialog
box.
3. Click Ok to aceept the setting. Now the folder will dialpay on the Task
bar. If you click this folder in the taskbar, then all the files with that
folder will be displayed. Clicking on any file will open the respective file
using the apprpriate application.

Challa Prabhu