Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create levels in excel without subtotaling

I have text in a spreedsheet we are using to organize a project. I want to
use the functionality of being able to roll up and unroll rows as we've all
seen with the subtotal function, but I don't need any total lines, just wand
the + and - buttons in key places so I can roll and unroll certain rows. Can
this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you do this quite a bit (like I do).....

Here are some keyboard shortcuts:
[Alt]+[space]......selects entire rows
[Ctrl]+[space]......selects entire columns

[Alt]+[Shift]+[right arrow]....demotes the row or col down in the Group
[Alt]+[Shift]+[left arrow]......promotes the row or col up in the Group

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP