Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default subtotaling pages in excel

I need to know how to create subtotals for individual pages in excel. The
user has data each month consisting of hundereds of rows. Is it possible to
have excel total a specific column at each page break in addition to the
grand total at the end of the sheet? If this requires a progamming fix, i
will need someone to help me with the code as I have a little experience but
I'm still learning.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ok, guess I'm slow, but not sure exactly what you mean. Could you give me
more instruction?

"SAM SEBAIHI" wrote:

used it with filter
=SUBTOTAL(9,B2:B13)

then copy it down,

use
=SUBTOTAL(1,B2:B13) for average
=SUBTOTAL(3,B2:B13) for count
=SUBTOTAL(9,B2:B13) for sum

Sam Sebaihi Faculty Western International University Associate Programs
(alternate email) Phone #:
(405)315-8223 Time zone: Pacific Time
"Amethyst" wrote in message
I need to know how to create subtotals for individual pages in excel. The
user has data each month consisting of hundereds of rows. Is it possible
have excel total a specific column at each page break in addition to the
grand total at the end of the sheet? If this requires a progamming fix, i
will need someone to help me with the code as I have a little experience
but
I'm still learning.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A B C
Name Sold Subtotal place this formula into cell C2 and then copy it
down

jhon 1 =IF(A2<A3,SUMIF(A$2:A$22,A2,B$2:B$22),"")
jhon 2
jhon 2
jhon 3
jhon 4 12
Brian 4 4
kim 5
kim 6
kim 7
kim 8
kim 8 34

I hope that is what you are looking for?!

"SAM SEBAIHI" wrote:

used it with filter
=SUBTOTAL(9,B2:B13)

then copy it down,

use
=SUBTOTAL(1,B2:B13) for average
=SUBTOTAL(3,B2:B13) for count
=SUBTOTAL(9,B2:B13) for sum

Sam Sebaihi Faculty Western International University Associate Programs
(alternate email) Phone
#:
"Amethyst" wrote in message
I need to know how to create subtotals for individual pages in excel.
The
user has data each month consisting of hundereds of rows. Is it
possible
have excel total a specific column at each page break in addition to
the
grand total at the end of the sheet? If this requires a progamming
fix, i
will need someone to help me with the code as I have a little
experience
but
I'm still learning.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much for your help, I think though, that I failed to explain my
request correctly.

Lets say I have 150 rows of data and only 50 rows print on 1 page. Now for
this example, lets just say that the column I want to total has a value of
$1.00 for each row. I need to know if I can get excel to print subtotals at
the bottom of each page where page one has a subtotal of 50.00 and a
cumulative total of 50.00, page two has a subtotal of 50.00 and a cumulative
total of 100.00, and page three has a subtotal of 50.00 with a
cumulative/grand total of 150.00. Now the cummulative totals would be nice
but not required. I would like to at least have page subtotals and a grand
total.

Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it.