Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default macro for retrieving a set of data from excel sheet

I had a requirement :
There are some column values in excel sheet containing some date columns and
other data running from around 6 months.But the requirement is to retrieve
the whole set of column values or data which lies within the present week,ie,
if its today then i need to get all the data from 26th july to till date -
the present date must be taken from the system date. And there is one more
constraint ,the date column values are in the form of 'dd month-name yyyy'
eg:'15 march 2006'.Am in urgent need of the script, as am newbie to vb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi don,

Here is the example:

Theres a sheet with values in columns A,B,C where C col contains date values
like '15 march 2006','30 july 2007' and so on.I need a macro to retrieve only
week days data from present day.
With respect to the example mentioned above the data that i require is the
A,B,C column values for '30 july 2007' and any other lying within the week
day values.
I was jsut stuck up in creating the macro as am new to vb. I think this
suffices you.
Please help me in forming the macro ...its really very urgent .

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You need to give more info as to your layout sample with before and after
examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"dvvkm" wrote in message
I had a requirement :
There are some column values in excel sheet containing some date columns
and
other data running from around 6 months.But the requirement is to retrieve
the whole set of column values or data which lies within the present
week,ie,
if its today then i need to get all the data from 26th july to till date -
the present date must be taken from the system date. And there is one more
constraint ,the date column values are in the form of 'dd month-name yyyy'
eg:'15 march 2006'.Am in urgent need of the script, as am newbie to vb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess I'm getting old because I still don't understand what you want.
You need to give more info as to your layout sample with before and after
examples.

Or, send me a workbook if you like

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"dvvkm" wrote in message
I had a requirement :
There are some column values in excel sheet containing some date
columns
and
other data running from around 6 months.But the requirement is to
retrieve
the whole set of column values or data which lies within the present
week,ie,
if its today then i need to get all the data from 26th july to till
date -
the present date must be taken from the system date. And there is one
more
constraint ,the date column values are in the form of 'dd month-name
yyyy'
eg:'15 march 2006'.Am in urgent need of the script, as am newbie to vb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi don,

I had sent 2 ur mail id .pls check it having an attachment with example .pls
answer this soon if u can. Thanks