Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dom Dom is offline

Default Office End-User License Agreement

Having loaded MS Office on my Windows Vista machine, every time I open any of
the Office apps I'm asked to accept or decline the end-user license
agreement. I am logged in as the system administrator but this doesn't help.
I've also tried reinstalling the software. i'm now thinking it could be an
incompatibility with Vista itself. Any further suggestions?

Rgds
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am having the exact same problem. I emailed MS nefore I bought a new PC
with Vista and gave them the license number of an new copy of Office 2003 I
had and was told it was perfectly compatible. This really gets to be a pain.
I have reloaded, etc.

Dom" wrote:

Having loaded MS Office on my Windows Vista machine, every time I open any of
the Office apps I'm asked to accept or decline the end-user license
agreement. I am logged in as the system administrator but this doesn't help.
I've also tried reinstalling the software. i'm now thinking it could be an
incompatibility with Vista itself. Any further suggestions?

Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Install Office while running as the Administrator account.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

Dom" wrote:

Having loaded MS Office on my Windows Vista machine, every time I open
any of
the Office apps I'm asked to accept or decline the end-user license
agreement. I am logged in as the system administrator but this doesn't
help.
I've also tried reinstalling the software. i'm now thinking it could be
an
incompatibility with Vista itself. Any further suggestions?

Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chip: I have Windows Vista (Home Premium) and installed Office 2003 when
logged on as Administrator, but the EULA notification continues to pop-up in
Excel 2003, Outlook 2003, etc. Id re-install Office, but since I installed
it when logged on as Administrator AND have activated the product €“ I am at a
loss for what to try. Any other ideas? Thank you!

Richard

Dom" wrote:

Having loaded MS Office on my Windows Vista machine, every time I open
any of
the Office apps I'm asked to accept or decline the end-user license
agreement. I am logged in as the system administrator but this doesn't
help.
I've also tried reinstalling the software. i'm now thinking it could be
an
incompatibility with Vista itself. Any further suggestions?

Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem and have been told that Office 2003 is not supported
by Vista. The reason being that Office is downwardly compatible with
earlier operating systems, but not upwardly compatible with a newer operating
system like Vista.

Is this true??

Dom" wrote:

Having loaded MS Office on my Windows Vista machine, every time I open any of
the Office apps I'm asked to accept or decline the end-user license
agreement. I am logged in as the system administrator but this doesn't help.
I've also tried reinstalling the software. i'm now thinking it could be an
incompatibility with Vista itself. Any further suggestions?

Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I should have explained that after loading Office Pro 2003 from a CD onto my
computer which uses Vista, two things go wrong:
1. When I open Word or Excel I am asked to re sign the end user agreement
for Office
2. I set up Outlook and received and sent email from it, but when I ended
the program and re started it, there were no setting and no emails in my
in-box.

Dom" wrote:

Having loaded MS Office on my Windows Vista machine, every time I open any of
the Office apps I'm asked to accept or decline the end-user license
agreement. I am logged in as the system administrator but this doesn't help.
I've also tried reinstalling the software. i'm now thinking it could be an
incompatibility with Vista itself. Any further suggestions?

Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the same problem and have been told that Office 2003 is not
supported
by Vista.
Is this true??

That is not correct. Office 2003 is entirely compatible with Vista. I have
Office 2002, 2003, and 2007 installed on several Vista machines and haven't
noticed a problem. You can have only one version of Outlook on a machine,
but you can have several versions of the other Office programs.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson