Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to use PivotTable's to work out Variances?

Basically I've got a whole load of raw data and I've been able to create a
pivot table so it just shows the relevant info I want. The problem is
whenever creating the pivot table the variance columns I have turn to the
"Count of".

Now I've tried changing it to the other options but isn't getting what I had
in the raw data. Basically before, the variance column was diving a column
with another column giving me a percentage.

At the end of each section it's suppose to still be a column dividing
another one but the pivot tables like to just add up the percentages giving
me different numbers then my raw ones.

I'm assuming the answer is in the "% of" option but what I've checked it
allows you to divide the column you have with another one and then adds them
all up to 100% but I'm working with variances. I also want to be dividing a
column with another column putting the results into a third column. Even
trying that I still get #NA. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly
appreciated. Cheers.