Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default need to automate process

What I need is a way of automating a process that I need to do on a monthly
basis. Basically I have 1 main file that I manually enter data onto file
Titled May 2007 (this is the one I completed last month) The other individual
files that start with 050107-053107 contain the information that I need to
enter onto the blank template. I would like to set up some way that I can
import this information into the spreadsheet instead of manually entering it
data into each cell. I wouldnt mind importing each individual file. this
step 1 of the long process I need completed. Once I figure out how to explain
step 2 and have an example for it I will let you know. Please give me a quote
on this IF there is a way to set this up whether using macros or some sort of
spreadsheet merge.
any help will regre

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the file names are always different, it will be a bit difficult to
replace the human. If you can change that part of the system then you
can work on automating things.