Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup formula

Got a question that I really need help in...here is the situation:

Column F - Ref no
Col G - Item desc
Col H - Base forecase
Col I - Promotional Uplift
Col J - Store requested demand
Col L - Store requested display
Col O - Ref no of the lines that were Out of stock
Col P - Desc of the lines that were out of stock
Col Q - I need this cell to actually lookup whether the base store
requested demand (Col J) is greater/less than the Base forecast ( Col
H) and Promotional uplift(Col I)

If anyone can be of assistance will be very very very much
appreciated...thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this, assuming you data starts on row 2:

=IF(J2H2+I2,"Greater Than","Less than or Equal")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 1, 3:13 pm, Gor_yee wrote:
Got a question that I really need help in...here is the situation:

Column F - Ref no
Col G - Item desc
Col H - Base forecase
Col I - Promotional Uplift
Col J - Store requested demand
Col L - Store requested display
Col O - Ref no of the lines that were Out of stock
Col P - Desc of the lines that were out of stock
Col Q - I need this cell to actually lookup whether the base store
requested demand (Col J) is greater/less than the Base forecast ( Col
H) and Promotional uplift(Col I)

If anyone can be of assistance will be very very very much
appreciated...thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this:

=IF(AND(J1<H1,J1<I1),"Yes","No")

if your condition ( J is not equal to H and I) would be True you get "Yes"
otherwise you get "No"

Thanks,

--
Farhad Hodjat