Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Round a whole column of numbers

I figured out how to round one number to the nearest .01 but i need to do
that to a whole column of numbers. Say the number is .4178, i want it to be
..42 and i want to do that to the whole column. Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this, select the entire column, right click, format cells, and set the
custom to ##.## this worked for me.
--
-John
is helpful.

"Dabbles" wrote:

I figured out how to round one number to the nearest .01 but i need to do
that to a whole column of numbers. Say the number is .4178, i want it to be
.42 and i want to do that to the whole column. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you just want to display the number to 2 decimal places then use John's
solution but note that just changing the formatting will leave the full
number in the cell not a rounded number.

If you want to actually change the number to only the number rounded to the
nearest 0.01 then I would use a helper column and enter the formula:

=ROUND(A22/0.01,0)*0.01

and copy down using the fill handle and then copy and Paste Special onto the
original data and then delete the helper column.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings