-   -   Round a whole column of numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152430-round-whole-column-numbers.html)

Dabbles

Round a whole column of numbers

I figured out how to round one number to the nearest .01 but i need to do
that to a whole column of numbers. Say the number is .4178, i want it to be
..42 and i want to do that to the whole column. Any help?

John Bundy

Round a whole column of numbers

Try this, select the entire column, right click, format cells, and set the
custom to ##.## this worked for me.
--
-John
is helpful.

"Dabbles" wrote:

I figured out how to round one number to the nearest .01 but i need to do
that to a whole column of numbers. Say the number is .4178, i want it to be
.42 and i want to do that to the whole column. Any help?

Sandy Mann

Round a whole column of numbers

If you just want to display the number to 2 decimal places then use John's
solution but note that just changing the formatting will leave the full
number in the cell not a rounded number.

If you want to actually change the number to only the number rounded to the
nearest 0.01 then I would use a helper column and enter the formula:

=ROUND(A22/0.01,0)*0.01

and copy down using the fill handle and then copy and Paste Special onto the
original data and then delete the helper column.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Dabbles" wrote in message
I figured out how to round one number to the nearest .01 but i need to do
that to a whole column of numbers. Say the number is .4178, i want it to
be
.42 and i want to do that to the whole column. Any help?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Round a whole column of numbers

I'm obviously missing something? Why =ROUND(A22/0.01,0)*0.01 and not
=ROUND(A22,2), Sandy?
--
David Biddulph