Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel, how to set up 1 down boxes in a column

I understand how to set up Validation and enter a formula identifying the
cells for the contents of the drop down box. However, when I go to the column
and attempt to click on the cells/drop down boxes, the number of
options/items in the drop down box items decreases by one as I move down a
cell at a time until there are no contents in the cell at all.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like you used relative references to the list range. Try using
absolute references.

Example:
use Source:
=$G$1:$G$10

instead of Source:
=G1:G10

(the dollar signs "lock" that part of the reference)

Alternatively, you could assign a Range Name to the list and reference that
name.

Does that help?
(Post back if you have more questions)
Regards,