Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Formatting

I am putting data validation on some cells in Excel 2007. It works fine,
except when the message comes up the formatting is very dark, both on the
font and background. Can not read it at all. Is there a way to reset this
by changing the colors? Thank You
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you please provide certain more details about what is actually happening.
However, colours are possible to be changed.

Reply ASAP.

--
Ankit
http://emoneygrowth.org/

Hope my reply is understood by you! Your +++ rating is a credit to my help,
and will enhance my efforts. So, please RATE me well !

"Sue T" wrote:

I am putting data validation on some cells in Excel 2007. It works fine,
except when the message comes up the formatting is very dark, both on the
font and background. Can not read it at all. Is there a way to reset this
by changing the colors? Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When the error message comes up for incorrect data entered in cells that have
been validated, the message box is a very dark blue and the color of the text
is a dark (looks like purple), Impossible to read. I need a way to change
the default to this color scheme, or it is useless because no one can read
it. Thanks

"Sue T" wrote:

I am putting data validation on some cells in Excel 2007. It works fine,
except when the message comes up the formatting is very dark, both on the
font and background. Can not read it at all. Is there a way to reset this
by changing the colors? Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It looks like a standard Windows MessageBox on my system... red "X" icon,
"Microsoft Office Excel" for the title and three option buttons (Retry,
Cancel, Help). Except for the colors you described, does it look like
standard MessageBox to you also? If so, I can't think of any reason why it
would look different inside of Excel than outside of it.

Rick

"Sue T" wrote:

I am putting data validation on some cells in Excel 2007. It works
fine,
except when the message comes up the formatting is very dark, both on
the
font and background. Can not read it at all. Is there a way to reset
this
by changing the colors? Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is not a problem with your Office Excel 2007.
It seems that this is a problem with your Display settings of your Operating
system.

Try to change your Message Box appearance settings, and then try on Excel.

I hope this will help. If you want a detailed explanation on how to change
the Display settings, please get back to me.

--
Ankit
http://emoneygrowth.com/

"Sue T" wrote:

I am putting data validation on some cells in Excel 2007. It works fine,
except when the message comes up the formatting is very dark, both on the
font and background. Can not read it at all. Is there a way to reset this
by changing the colors? Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi - I am talking about the message box that comes up with the message that I
have typed in it, which explains how information should be entered in a data
validated cell. Not the box that shows with the 3 buttons on them. I did go
into the display in the control panel and changed the settings from "Windows
Classic" to Windows XP, since that is our operating system. Now when the
explanation comes up it can be read. Thank you for all of your help. That
is why I always turn to this group for help! Thanks Again

"Sue T" wrote:

I am putting data validation on some cells in Excel 2007. It works
fine,
except when the message comes up the formatting is very dark, both on
the
font and background. Can not read it at all. Is there a way to reset
this
by changing the colors? Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would love a detailed explanation on how to change my message box
appearance settings. I work 99% in Excel at my job, and I am still learning
the ins and outs of Excel 2007. For personalizing Excel in 2003, it was
easy, This version does not give someone many options, except if you want to
use all the new things. I certainly will be using all of the new bells and
whistles, but just to be able to do something the same would be nice. Thank
You

"Sue T" wrote:

I am putting data validation on some cells in Excel 2007. It works fine,
except when the message comes up the formatting is very dark, both on the
font and background. Can not read it at all. Is there a way to reset this
by changing the colors? Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your query for a detailed explanation of "How to change your
Message Box appearance settings".

Follow the below given steps:

1) Right-click on your desktop, a menu will appear. Click on Properties on
the menu.
2) A Display Properties window will appear, click on the Appearance tab.
Then click on Advanced button under the Appearance tab.
3) In the Advanced Appearance dialog box, you will find an actual "Message
Box" figure in the top part of the dialog box.
4) Now select the part you want to change by clicking (single click) over
that picture. The selection in the Item dropdown list will automatically
change.
5) Now select the color, font, size etc. for the particular Item selection.
6) Click on OK and in the subsequent window, again click on OK to apply the
settings.

Now check out with the Excel validation, your Message box will appear as per
your customization.

Any further queries would be answered ASAP.

--
Ankit
http://emoneygrowth.com/