Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why is the help box always blank?

It doesn't matter which programme I am in, Word, excel etc. The help box is
always empty. What can I do for the answers to be shown? Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We'll need more information. If you are in Excel, with a spreadsheet on the
screen, and you click Help on the menubar and type the word date into the
Search for box and click the arrow, do you get any help topics? James
"ryvitasue" wrote in message
It doesn't matter which programme I am in, Word, excel etc. The help box
is
always empty. What can I do for the answers to be shown? Can anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have clicked help in both excel and word and typed the word date. Yes,
help topics come up but then when you click on them and the box comes up,
nothing is in it. I was doing the practice of merging mail using spreadsheet
at the time and the instructions were supposed to be in the box that comes up
on the side but as usual there was nothing in it. Again I clicked on help
topics but the box is still blank and I clicked on the button in the top hand
corner of the box and still empty box! I am at my wits end.

"ryvitasue" wrote in message
It doesn't matter which programme I am in, Word, excel etc. The help box
is
always empty. What can I do for the answers to be shown? Can anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Microsoft applications can get help in 2 ways -- on-line from microsoft.com
or from help files installed on your hard disk. On my PC, on-line is the
default method. If you have a high-speed internet hook-up, it should be
able to get help on-line. If not, notice at the bottom of the help area,
there is a link that says "Off-line help". Try clicking that and then click
the arrow again. If you still can't get any help, the help files probably
aren't installed on your computer. HTH, James

"ryvitasue" wrote in message
It doesn't matter which programme I am in, Word, excel etc. The help
box
is
always empty. What can I do for the answers to be shown? Can anyone
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

It is a very rare occurance. Try reinstalling again.

Note: Normally help topics are available when the application is installed.
If the help topics are not available then the "?" symbol will not get the id
for any dialog box that require help information.

Challa Prabhu