Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 printing error: "The number must be between 10 and 400.

Hi,
An annoying error has started to surface in many (but by no means all) of my
worksheets when printing (some of the) charts. The print preview works fine
but then the error message "The number must be between 10 and 400. Try again
by entering a number in this range" appears. The graphs print fine when I
click the message away (although they then default to portrait printing
rather than landscape) but I cannot find any particular cause for this error.
Once it has occurred on a specific graph, it always occurs when printing that
graph but not necessarily when printing others. On one workbook, I copied
graphs from an alternative Excel 2007 workbook (and then changed the data to
refer to columns in the new workbook) and, although I do not get the errors
in the original Excel 2007 workbook (saved in Excel 2007 binary format) they
do persistently occur when printing from the new workbook (also Excel 2007
binary)!
Also, when I copied the graphs to the new workbook, I then edited the links
in the new workbook to remove any links to the original workbook but this did
not change the links for the graph data (perhaps because the graphs were
pasted in to a worksheet, not on separate chart sheets?)
Any ideas as to how to cure this error? There is a (restricted) hotfix for a
problem which gives the same strange error message but the scenario for the
cause of this message is somewhat different and I am not sure the fix would
be applicable to my instance (and I cannot easily download the hot fix as it
is not available on the Office updates page).
Many thanks, as always, and best wishes, Boris.