Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Man Man is offline

Default Typing in 2 spreadsheets?

Can someone please tell me is it possible to type information in one workbook
and have the same information also appear on another seperate workbook? Or do
you have to type the information in both files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use links:

Say we have two books open, Book1.xls and Book2.xls. We type data in
Book1, Sheet1, A1. In Book2, Sheet1, A1 use the formula:

=[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1

It will automatically pick up the value from Book1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200735

"Man" wrote:

Can someone please tell me is it possible to type information in one workbook
and have the same information also appear on another seperate workbook? Or do
you have to type the information in both files?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Create a link to another cell, workbook, or program

Create a link between cells in the same worksheet or workbook

1. Click the cell that contains the data you want to link to, and then click
Copy on the Standard toolbar.
2. Click the cell you want to link from, and then click Paste .
3. Click Paste Options and then click Link Cells.

Create a link between cells in different workbooks

1. Open both the workbook that will contain the link (called the destination
(destination file: The file that a linked or embedded object is inserted
into. The source file contains the information that is used to create the
object. When you change information in a destination file, the information is
not updated in the source file.) workbook), and the workbook that contains
the data you want to link to (called the source (source file: The file that
contains information that was used to create a linked or embedded object.
When you update the information in the source file, you can also update the
linked object in the destination file.) workbook).

2. In the destination workbook, click Save .
3. Select a cell or cells you want to link from.
4. If you are creating a new formula, type = (an equal sign).

If you are entering the link elsewhere in the formula, type the operator
(operator: A sign or symbol that specifies the type of calculation to perform
within an expression. There are mathematical, comparison, logical, and
reference operators.) or function that you want to precede the link.

5. On the Window menu, click the name of the source workbook, and then click
the worksheet that contains the cells you want to link to.

6. Select the cells you want to link to.
7. Complete the formula. When you finish entering the formula, press ENTER.

For more information, please refer to "Create a link to another cell,
workbook, or program" in the Microsoft Excel 2003 online help.

Challa Prabhu