Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SIMPLE VBA MACRO FOR CONDITIONAL FORMATTING

Can any1 help me simply writing a code to highlight the cell (C5) to Blue if
its value
is not numeric and similarly...

highlight the cell (C6) to Red if its value is numeric but below < 5?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You do not need code

Select C5
Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =NOT(ISNUMBER(C5))
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select Blue
OK
OK

Second condition

Select C6
Menu FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =AND(ISNUMBER(C6),C6<.5)
Click the Format button
Select the Pattern Tab
Select Red
OK
OK

--
---
HTH

Bob

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
Can any1 help me simply writing a code to highlight the cell (C5) to Blue
if
its value
is not numeric and similarly...

highlight the cell (C6) to Red if its value is numeric but below < 5?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanx Bob,

I know how to use Conditional Formatting. The Code required was just for
information.

Please c if u can help me.

Thanx again

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But how would u declare a condition while using a Macro Recorder?

Would oblige if u can write a single piece of code.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Then use the macro recorder.

--
---