Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Single list ~ not duplicates

I have a table, 1,000 rows of data, row A is names. The same name in some
cases is diplicated sveral times because they have multiple business address
locations. What I would like to do is get a list of all unique names without
the duplications. I heard filter or query but have no idea how this is done.
Please advise of a way to perform this function. Any help is greatly
appreciated.
--
Thank you,
Gary Fitzgerald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry I ment to state that column A is names not row A is names
--
Thank you,
Gary Fitzgerald

"Gary Fitzgerald" wrote:

I have a table, 1,000 rows of data, row A is names. The same name in some
cases is diplicated sveral times because they have multiple business address
locations. What I would like to do is get a list of all unique names without
the duplications. I heard filter or query but have no idea how this is done.
Please advise of a way to perform this function. Any help is greatly
appreciated.
--
Thank you,
Gary Fitzgerald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the column that you want to get unique records only for. Then, go to
DATAFILTERADVANCED FILTER and check the box "Unique Only". This will give
you all of the unique records then you can copy and paste them to your
destination of choice.

Hope this helps.

"Gary Fitzgerald" wrote:

I have a table, 1,000 rows of data, row A is names. The same name in some
cases is diplicated sveral times because they have multiple business address
locations. What I would like to do is get a list of all unique names without
the duplications. I heard filter or query but have no idea how this is done.
Please advise of a way to perform this function. Any help is greatly
appreciated.
--
Thank you,
Gary Fitzgerald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI,

Filter for unique records

1. Select the column or click a cell in the range or list you want to filter.
2. On the Data menu, point to Filter, and then click Advanced Filter.
3. Do one of the following.

A. To filter the range or list in place, similar to using AutoFilter, click
Filter the list, in-place.

B. To copy the results of the filter to another location, click Copy to
another location. Then, in the Copy To box, enter a cell reference.

C. To select a cell, click Collapse Dialog to temporarily hide the dialog
box. Select the cell on the worksheet, and then press Expand Dialog .

4. Select the Unique records only check box.

Note Once you filter for unique values, you can copy them to another
worksheet and then archive or delete the original worksheet.

Challa Prabhu