Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto populate information

Is it possible to have information auto-populate based on the answer
of a previous cell?

I've created a spreadsheet for people at work to fill in information
but I'm trying to make it "foolproof" because it seems that logic
doesn't always work :)

So, in this spreadsheet, column G, rows 7 through 49 contain a drop
down box with only 3 choices. Those choices are "Accept", "Decline"
or "Not Worked". Column H rows 7 through 49 contains a drop down box
with more choices. I would, ideally, like it to force the response
"Accept" or "Decline" if the user puts "Accept" or "Decline" in column
G. Because the only time they should be selecting anything OTHER than
those two options in column H is when they use "Not Worked" for their
column G drop down.

Or, is it possible to have different drop down boxes based on their
answer in column G? So that way they have no way to mess up? :)

Any thoughts would be helpful! Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like you want dependent Data Validation - Debra Dalgleish shows
how he

Hope this helps.

Pete