Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Screen goes black when trying to open excel

When I'm trying to open excel, my computer screen goes black (i guess it
turns itself off) for few seconds and then it turns itself on. Now
application is open but all other documents and/or applications that are on
my desktop are highlighted. Also, when I close excel, screen again goes off
and then on.

This does not appear to be issue when I open word, powerpoint, visio