Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy System Time

Hello,

Is there any formula that can be use to copy system time? As i know we can
use =NOW() to get the system time but it will change when we close and open
again. I need some formula to copy from =NOW() and not change when we close
and open again.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By definition any formula will recalculate (unless recalculation is turned
off, of course...), so to "freeze" a cell you must have a value in it. The
simplest way in your case is to type =now() and then press F9 which does an
in-cell calculation and replace a formula (or the highlighted part of a
formula) by its value.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CTRL + SHIFT + ; will enter a static time in a cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP