Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Embedding in a cell.

I want to embed a screen shot into an individual cell but everytime I try it
just embeds it into the worksheet. Is there a way to insert it in the cell?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot embed an image in a cell.

Can only lay it on top of the cell.

Is the screen shot just for info or?

Could you have it stored in an out of the way area of the sheet and use a lookup
to return it when you selected a value?

If that's the case, I could try to send you to JE McGimpsey's site for a sample
workbook but his site is down now.

I can send you via email a copy of the workbook.

If you want it, email me.

Change the DOT and AT as needed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:38:01 -0700, ChattyKat
wrote:

I want to embed a screen shot into an individual cell but everytime I try it
just embeds it into the worksheet. Is there a way to insert it in the cell?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can Insert the image as a comment for a cell and format the content with
different color.

Do the following:

1. Click a cell in the Worksheet
2. On the Insert menu, click Comment. The comment frame is displayed.
3. With the Comment frame selected, right-click and then select Format
Comment. The Format Comment dialog box is displayed.
4. Click the Color and lines tab.
5. Under the Fill section, click the Color list and select Fill Effects. The
Fill Effects dialog box appears.
6. Click the Picture tab and click the Select Picture button. The Select
Picture dialog appears,
7. In the Lookin list, select the folder and click the file you want to
insert.
8. Click the Insert button to return to the Fill Effects dialog box.
9. Click Ok to return to the Format Comment dialog box.
10. Click OK to return to the Worksheet. The selected picture is inserted as
a background of the comment for that particular cell.
11. Click the cell with the comment and select Edit comment.
12. Type some text, and then select the text and click the Font color, You
can apply Align left, Center or Align right to this text in the comment frame.
13. Click out the Comment Frame to apply the formatting to the cell comment
text.

Challa Prabhu