Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
al al is offline

Default Creating Multiple Worksheet Sets Containing Linked Cells

Let's say I have two worksheets: WS-A, WS-B. In WS-B I link certain cells to
cells in WS-A. Now I want to replicate these two worksheets (i.e. create
WS-A(2) and WS-B(2). What I would like to end up with is WS-B(2) linked cells
pointing to their corresponding cells in WS-A(2). Ultimately I would like to
take those first two worksheets and duplicate that set a number of times in
the same workbook and end up having each subsequent WS-B worksheet
pointing/linking to its paired WS-A worksheet. Sorry if I made this more
confusing than need be, but not sure how else to describe it. Any suggestions
on how to accomplish this would be appreciated! (Excel 2003)

When I create the first set, I did "Edit--Move or Copy--Create Copy" for
each of two initial sheets (WS-A, WS-B).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sometimes, just using Edit|Replace and changing the old worksheet name to the
new worksheet name will be enough.

It'll catch the worksheet names used in formulas -- but it won't catch
everything.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After you have done the copy of the two sheets, select WS-B(2), select all
cells (grey spot at the intersection of rows and columns), then perform a
search and replace (Ctrl-H) with search parameter (without quotes) "WS-A!"
and replace parameter (without quotes) "WS-A(2)!". Make sure, by clicking on
the Option button, that you have Within "Sheet" and Look in 'Formula"
displayed.