Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HELP!

A B C
0.00 0.04 0.07

I want the least of the 3 numbers to be highlighted, but the highlighted
number must be 0. I am totally lost on this one.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Format/Conditional Formatting...

CF1: Formula is =A1=MIN(IF($A1:$C10,$A1:$C1))
Format 1: <pattern/<color

In article ,
Heather wrote:

A B C
0.00 0.04 0.07

I want the least of the 3 numbers to be highlighted, but the highlighted
number must be 0. I am totally lost on this one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know about Heather, but I like it.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"JE McGimpsey"

Heather wrote:

A B C
0.00 0.04 0.07

I want the least of the 3 numbers to be highlighted, but the highlighted
number must be 0. I am totally lost on this one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Heather wrote:

A B C
0.00 0.04 0.07

I want the least of the 3 numbers to be highlighted, but the highlighted
number must be 0. I am totally lost on this one.

Seems to me that you need to provide 1 more number to meet the stated
criteria.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It has actually become more complicated

3.97 4.19 2.62
0.86 0.71 0.51
0.97 0.23 0.32
0.84 0.72 1.30

0.10 0.32 0.32
4.77 0.00 7.03

I need the least of the 3 numbers in each row to be highlited, but the
highlited number cannot be 0.00. Also, there are rows where there are no
numbers and those rows cannot be hilited at all. When I put in the formula
in Conditional Formatting in A1, then format paint the column, the blank
spaces are highlited. Any ideas?

"Bob I" wrote:

Heather wrote:

A B C
0.00 0.04 0.07

I want the least of the 3 numbers to be highlighted, but the highlighted
number must be 0. I am totally lost on this one.

Seems to me that you need to provide 1 more number to meet the stated
criteria.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It worked! Thank you!
Can you explain what 9E+307 means?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

CF Formula is:
=A1=MIN(IF($A1:$C1<0,$A1:$C1,9E+307))
--
David Biddulph

"Bob I" wrote:

Heather wrote:

A B C
0.00 0.04 0.07

I want the least of the 3 numbers to be highlighted, but the
highlighted
number must be 0. I am totally lost on this one.

Seems to me that you need to provide 1 more number to meet the stated
criteria.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I feel like an idiot. I can usually figure these things out.

Now, if I want to multiply the least in the row by a number in, say cell D5,
what do I do?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

CF Formula is:
=A1=MIN(IF($A1:$C1<0,$A1:$C1,9E+307))
--
David Biddulph

"Bob I" wrote:

Heather wrote:

A B C
0.00 0.04 0.07

I want the least of the 3 numbers to be highlighted, but the
highlighted
number must be 0. I am totally lost on this one.

Seems to me that you need to provide 1 more number to meet the stated
criteria.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From Excel help:
Largest number allowed to be typed into a cell:
9.99999999999999E307
--
David Biddulph

"Heather" wrote in message
It worked! Thank you!
Can you explain what 9E+307 means?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

CF Formula is:
=A1=MIN(IF($A1:$C1<0,$A1:$C1,9E+307))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In , Jim Cone
spake thusly:

I don't know about Heather, but I like it.

Me, too. I have a similar need and think I can adapt this.

(Can't show the rest of your post easily, because my Unix
newsreader cuts off ".signature" and below on follow-up, which is
defined as anything following "-- " as the demarker line.)

Dallman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=$D$5*MIN(...)
--
David Biddulph

"Heather" wrote in message
I feel like an idiot. I can usually figure these things out.

Now, if I want to multiply the least in the row by a number in, say cell
D5,
what do I do?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

CF Formula is: