Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to combine two list on one reference line Excel 2003

Water accts. sewered acct.
acct # address street acct# address street
50 560 century 15 290 tigertail
20 610 Century 70 550 hernando
80 810 Century 60 720 hernando
70 550 hernando 20 610 Century
60 720 hernando 50 560 Century
15 290 tigertail 80 420 Century
How to sort acct # to line up in one line and show the one that dosn't at
end.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert a new column D to separate your data. Then highlight the data
in the 3 columns of water accounts and do Data | Sort on this using
acct# as the sort key. Then highlight the data for the sewered acct
and sort this in the same way. Account numbers are now sorted in the
same sequence and differences can be picked out visually - you might
want to insert 3 blank cells wherever an account number is missing
(thus moving the data down one row helping to align account numbers
that are the same).

Hope this helps.

Pete