Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a Rotating Schedule

Thanks in advance to those who can and will help me figure this one out.
Is it possible to create a rotating on Excel? We need to come up with a
schedule that can be updated say, weekly. Here are what we have to deal with:
- 10 people
- 7 work days
- 2 - 12hr days
- 5 - 9hr days
- different number hours for each person
- 5 different stations to work in
- needing 1 person at each station some days
- needing more than 1 on some days
These are all the variables that I can think of right now. I saw that they
sell the templates to make schedules, but I really don't want to spend the
money, if I can just get an idea how to tackle it.

- combining stations together on some days
- splitting a station between two people on some days