Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel SharePoint 2003 Integration

Hello All

Our company wants to setup a Excel workbook online for multiuser.

The assigned user can add/delete/etc and save online connecting to our
office server.

Our office server is SBS 2003 with SharePoint installed.

I need to know if I can setup the Excel with SharePoint 2003 so multi users
can access the workbook and edit it and save. How can I accomplish this task
on our existing server and what are other alternatives if it cannot be done
with our existing server.

Many Thanks€¦

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Synchronize an Excel list with the SharePoint site

When you publish a list and choose to link the list, you must manage
synchronization between the local Microsoft Excel list and the SharePoint
list. The List toolbar provides two buttons that allow you to choose how you
wish to handle updates to the list data.

Synchronize List

On the List toolbar, click Synchronize List to publish any local changes to
the SharePoint list, and bring any changes made to the SharePoint list down
to the local Excel list.

If changes you make in Excel conflict with changes made by another user on
the SharePoint Site, Excel displays the Resolve Conflicts and Errors dialog
box. You can do one of the following:

A. Resolve each conflict individually
To use the changes made by another user to the list on the SharePoint Site,
click Discard My Changes.

To override the changes made by another user to the list on the SharePoint
Site, click Retry My Changes.

B. Resolve all conflicts at once

To use all changes made by another user to the list on the SharePoint site,
click Discard All My Changes.

To override all changes made by another user on the SharePoint site, click
Retry All My Changes.

C. Unlink the lists
To remove the link to the SharePoint List, click Unlink My List.

You can continue to make changes to your list in Excel, but you will no
longer be able to synchronize with the list on the SharePoint site.

Discard Changes and Refresh

On List toolbar, click Discard Changes and Refresh to discard local changes
to the list and download the current copy of the list from the Microsoft
Windows SharePoint Services Web site.

Note Synchronization is not automatic. Unlike a standard link in Excel
(that is, between two cells), you must manually synchronize or discard local
changes to the list. This is important because you are not prompted to do
anything with local changes to a linked list when the file is saved or
closed. You are only notified that the file has unsynchronized local changes
when the file is opened.

Challa Prabhu

"xtone-hari" wrote:

Hello All

Our company wants to setup a Excel workbook online for multiuser.

The assigned user can add/delete/etc and save online connecting to our
office server.

Our office server is SBS 2003 with SharePoint installed.

I need to know if I can setup the Excel with SharePoint 2003 so multi users
can access the workbook and edit it and save. How can I accomplish this task
on our existing server and what are other alternatives if it cannot be done
with our existing server.

Many Thanks€¦

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Prabhu

Thanks for your advice.

I was using SharePoint 2 and now I upgraded to SharePoint 3. But I cannot
follow the steps you mentioned in your notes. I could not find the toolbar in
my SharePoint and so if you can please advice further in detail how to set up
the Excel in SharePoint 3 for multiusers.

Many thanks...