Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel error

Whenever I download a CSV file, whether I Save it or Open it I get an error
message that "Microsoft Excel Viewer cannot read files of this type"
--
Will Pfister
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The free Excel Viewer can read Excel files only.

You need a full-blown version of Excel to open/save *.csv files.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:22:05 -0700, willpfister
wrote:

Whenever I download a CSV file, whether I Save it or Open it I get an error
message that "Microsoft Excel Viewer cannot read files of this type"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but I have gotten a few to open in the past. i also have friends who
only have the viewer and they can open them. Someone else told me to change
the extension to .xls but that didn't work for me though it does for them.
--
Will Pfister

wrote:

Whenever I download a CSV file, whether I Save it or Open it I get an error
message that "Microsoft Excel Viewer cannot read files of this type"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I cannot get the Viewer 2003 version to open a *.csv file

I have no help for this post.

Perhaps your friends could show you how they open the *.csv files.

Gord

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:26:00 -0700, willpfister
wrote:

Thanks but I have gotten a few to open in the past. i also have friends who
only have the viewer and they can open them. Someone else told me to change
the extension to .xls but that didn't work for me though it does for them.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

For more information, please refer to "Formatting and features that are not
transferred in Excel file format conversions" in the online help of Microsoft
Excel 2003.

Challa Prabhu