Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compare two values

Hi, I need to compare two values (in adjacent cells), and select the higher
of the two to perform an additional function on ?
Many Thanks Graham
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

use IF function

Eg: Cell A1: 25, Cell B1: 30
Cell C1: =IF(A1B1,A1+10,B1+10)

Please do rate
Thanks in advance

"Graham" wrote:

Hi, I need to compare two values (in adjacent cells), and select the higher
of the two to perform an additional function on ?
Many Thanks Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=MAX(A1,B1)

to use in your other cell ....

=MAX(A1,B1)*C1

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote:

use IF function

Eg: Cell A1: 25, Cell B1: 30
Cell C1: =IF(A1B1,A1+10,B1+10)

Please do rate
Thanks in advance

"Graham" wrote:

Hi, I need to compare two values (in adjacent cells), and select the higher
of the two to perform an additional function on ?
Many Thanks Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:56:01 -0700 from Graham
:
Hi, I need to compare two values (in adjacent cells), and select the higher
of the two to perform an additional function on ?

=MAX(A1,A2)+55

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many Thanks, a little more involveed than I first thought, but at least I now
know where to start from.

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote:

use IF function

Eg: Cell A1: 25, Cell B1: 30