-   -   Compare two values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/151255-compare-two-values.html)

Graham

Compare two values

Hi, I need to compare two values (in adjacent cells), and select the higher
of the two to perform an additional function on ?
Many Thanks Graham

Muhammed Rafeek M

Compare two values

use IF function

Eg: Cell A1: 25, Cell B1: 30
Cell C1: =IF(A1B1,A1+10,B1+10)

Please do rate
Thanks in advance

"Graham" wrote:

Hi, I need to compare two values (in adjacent cells), and select the higher
of the two to perform an additional function on ?
Many Thanks Graham

Toppers

Compare two values

=MAX(A1,B1)

to use in your other cell ....

=MAX(A1,B1)*C1

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote:

use IF function

Eg: Cell A1: 25, Cell B1: 30
Cell C1: =IF(A1B1,A1+10,B1+10)

Please do rate
Thanks in advance

"Graham" wrote:

Hi, I need to compare two values (in adjacent cells), and select the higher
of the two to perform an additional function on ?
Many Thanks Graham

Stan Brown

Compare two values

Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:56:01 -0700 from Graham
:
Hi, I need to compare two values (in adjacent cells), and select the higher
of the two to perform an additional function on ?

=MAX(A1,A2)+55

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Graham

Compare two values

Many Thanks, a little more involveed than I first thought, but at least I now
know where to start from.

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote:

use IF function

Eg: Cell A1: 25, Cell B1: 30