Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying records from a date interval from one worksheet to another

I have one worksheet where I keep a running record of all my expenses
transactions for the year. My other worksheet is an expense form. I
prepare the expense form irregularly, so I want to find a way to list
a start and end date for an expense period on the expense form and
have all the records in that date range copied from the first
worksheet to the second. Any suggestions on a simple and/or efficient
way to accomplish this? The original worksheet is already arranged
with the column headers Date, Vendor, Amount, etc. and I need the
entire records copied into the second file (as opposed to just the
amounts, which I had previously been doing using a sumproduct)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ricky,

In the spreadsheet containing all the records, I would use the feature
"Autofilter" that you can find in the menu Data Filter Autofilter. First
select your range of records, with the first row being a header row, then
click on the menu Data Filter Autofilter. Some small down arrows appear
on the right of each cell of your first row. Click on the down arrow of the
cell containing the dates of the transactions, then select Custom. Enter the
beginning date and end date with the proper comparison, and click OK. Now,
you should only see the rows matching your selection criteria. Select the
whole set of rows (without the header row), and copy paste it to your second
document. Excel will only copy the visible rows. To see again all records,
select "All" with the down arrow, or menu Data Filter Show All.

Stephane