Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text to Columns

I have a list of addresses that I need to separate the street number
from the street name and unit numbers/floor number. Because there
isn't a common deliminator, how can I do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Post a list of examples before/after

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Wonder" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a list of addresses that I need to separate the street number
from the street name and unit numbers/floor number. Because there
isn't a common deliminator, how can I do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 20, 10:59 am, "Don Guillett" wrote:
Post a list of examples before/after

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
"Wonder" wrote in message

ups.com...

I have a list of addresses that I need to separate the street number
from the street name and unit numbers/floor number. Because there
isn't a common deliminator, how can I do this?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Here are some examples of the addresses:

30 ADELAIDE ST., EAST, 11TH FL
400 UNIVERSITY AVE, 21ST FLOOR .
2700 - 14TH AVENUE
895 DON MILLS RD. 1 MORNEAU SOBECO CENTRE, SUITE 600
101 TORO ROAD
2201 EGLINTON AVE E., (PDS)

I need to put just the street number in 1 column and the rest of the
info in another column.