Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default COUNTIF using multiple criteria

Hi I need to write a formula which counts the number of cells where multiple
criteria are met.

For example, I need a countif statement (or equivelent) that will add up
total cells where F:F = "specific name" AND C:C begins with "FLT"

When I have tried it has run it as two seperate statements rather than like
a filtered search, so the result is wildly wrong.

Can anyone help please

Many Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMORODUCT(--(F2;F1000=X1),--(LEFT(C2:C1000),3)="FLT"))

X1 contains you name.

Unless you have XL2007, you cannot use whole columns as ranges.

"TritaniumZero" wrote:

Hi I need to write a formula which counts the number of cells where multiple
criteria are met.

For example, I need a countif statement (or equivelent) that will add up
total cells where F:F = "specific name" AND C:C begins with "FLT"

When I have tried it has run it as two seperate statements rather than like
a filtered search, so the result is wildly wrong.

Can anyone help please

Many Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

...... must get round to doing this typing course ......!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

SUMORODUCT? <vbg

--
---
HTH

Bob

"TritaniumZero" wrote:

Hi I need to write a formula which counts the number of cells where
multiple
criteria are met.

For example, I need a countif statement (or equivelent) that will add up
total cells where F:F = "specific name" AND C:C begins with "FLT"

When I have tried it has run it as two seperate statements rather than
like
a filtered search, so the result is wildly wrong.

Can anyone help please

Many Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That will only get you making the mistakes quicker ... believe me, I know!

--
HTH

Bob

"Toppers" wrote in message
..... must get round to doing this typing course ......!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

SUMORODUCT? <vbg

--
---