Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple(?) Sort Problem

I have text in col. A and numbers in col. B, but there are also "empty rows"
in between.
Column B (including the cells in an "empty" row) contained formulae which,
prior to sorting, were converted to numbers (with "Paste Values"). The
formulae resulted in "" when not true.

The problem arises when I try to sort by Col. B descending, then the "empty"
cells come out on top and this is not what I need. Obviously they contain
something (Blank?)

Any way of solving this problem except having the original formulae
resulting in Zero instead of "", which would solve the descending sorting,
but not the ascending one...

Felix
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Felix,

Try this,
After you sort select all the blank cells at the top of column B.
Right click and select delete
Check 'Shift cells up' and OK

HTH
Martin