Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Simple sort Problem

I am trying to sort a simple 3 column list, consisting of acolumn containing
M or F for Male Female, Name and a percentage value. I want to be able to
sort so that all of the m's are grouped together and their & value displayed
in decending value. And like wize all of the F's. The I can copy the top 5
Male scores and the top 5 female scores to the appropriate report page. I
have tried using the sort function but can't seem to get it to work properly.
Can anyone help????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kevin

Click on all 3 column letters, to select the columns.
DataSortSort by column A Descending then by column C descending.

If you have headers in row 1, ensure the header row is clicked, and
instead of column letters, you will see the header name as the Sort by
options.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"kevincanuk" wrote in message
I am trying to sort a simple 3 column list, consisting of acolumn
containing
M or F for Male Female, Name and a percentage value. I want to be able
sort so that all of the m's are grouped together and their & value
displayed
in decending value. And like wize all of the F's. The I can copy the
top 5
Male scores and the top 5 female scores to the appropriate report
page. I
have tried using the sort function but can't seem to get it to work
properly.
Can anyone help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sort by