Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Its always the simple ones....Basic Circular Reference Problem.

I have the simplest problem to solve and its giving me the biggest headaches.

I have a column of product prices (say: column B) and I wish to add 10% or a
fixed value of 0.1 to each cell in the column. I want to store the results in
the same cell that the initial number was sourced from and that the formula
runs in.

e.g. Cell B3 value 6.34
I put a formula in cell B3 : =b3+0.1
I want the final value of 6.44 to be stored in cell B3...

Is what I am trying to do possible or (as I suspect) will I need to involve
more cells/columns?

Many Thanks in advance for the advice,

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try entering 0.1 in another cell, temporarily, Copy it, then select the
range in Column B and go to Edit|Paste Special and select Add. Click
Ok.

Now you can delete that 0.1 from the temp cell.

--
Vito
Vito's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter 0.1 in an empty cell, press Ctrl+C (Copy)
Select range you want to increase
Edit/Pastespecial, check Add option/OK

Regards,
Stefi

€žDave Lomax€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I have the simplest problem to solve and its giving me the biggest headaches.

I have a column of product prices (say: column B) and I wish to add 10% or a
fixed value of 0.1 to each cell in the column. I want to store the results in
the same cell that the initial number was sourced from and that the formula
runs in.

e.g. Cell B3 value 6.34
I put a formula in cell B3 : =b3+0.1
I want the final value of 6.44 to be stored in cell B3...

Is what I am trying to do possible or (as I suspect) will I need to involve
more cells/columns?

Many Thanks in advance for the advice,

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Dave,

put .10 in one cell copy it and paste special for the range on the B column
adding, or, put 1.1 copy special mult. if you need 10% growth.

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo