Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Attaching an image to a cell

Is it possible to attach an image, jpg, tif or othewise, to a specific cell?
I would like to associate an image to a certain row such that I can
manipulate the data and have the image stay with that row of information. If
so, can the image be viewable at all times and not some kind of link?

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the cell you would like your picture in and Insert a comment (Right
click mouse "Insert Comment") Move your cursor to the edge of the comment box
until you have the 4 directional arrow showing then right click mouse "Format
Comment" select the "Colors and Lines" tab and on the "Fill" section click
the dropdown for "Color:" Select "Fill Effects" Then "Picture" then find your
picture file and attach and click "OK" Now set your comment to "Show" and
your done.

"jrr41" wrote:

Is it possible to attach an image, jpg, tif or othewise, to a specific cell?
I would like to associate an image to a certain row such that I can
manipulate the data and have the image stay with that row of information. If
so, can the image be viewable at all times and not some kind of link?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An image cannot be inserted into a cell. It lays on top of the cell.

You must make the image small enough so's it lays within the cell boundaries.

Then Format that image to move and size with cells.

You can then sort on another column and the images will move with the cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP