Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default functions greyed out/not working

I am having a few problems using Excel 2003. The "save" icon,
Insert-worksheet & protection options are greyed out. Also, I am not able to
right click on the sheet tab (in order to insert worksheet, etc). I have
uninstalled/reinstalled Microsoft 2003, downloaded all updates, and restarted
my system. But these functions are still not working correctly. Does anyone
know how to fix this?? Help!!
I truly appreciate any advice anyone has. Thanks
-Jess
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

When you say you have these problems do they occur in a newly created
workbook or an existing one? If it's the latter then re-installing Excell is
unlikely to help because it's probably the workbook and not the application.

On the assumption it is the latter check the workbook isn't protected by
clicking tools|protection. Do you have an option to un-protect the workbook?
if you do it's protected which is why you can't insert sheets.

The Save option being greyed out is very strange but ry:-

Tools|customize|Options
click the reset button

Mike