Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Share Workbook

is it possible to set modify privilege for different user?
for example, use A can only modify the sheet1, other sheets ready only, user
B can only be allowed to modify/edit sheet2, rest sheets read only.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

This content is reproduced from the Microsoft Excel 2003 on-line help for
reference.

Troubleshoot content with restricted permission

Note: You can create content with restricted permission using Information
Rights Management only in Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003,
Microsoft Office Word 2003, Microsoft Office Excel 2003, and Microsoft Office
PowerPoint 2003.

1. I want content to expire for users I've given permission to, but I'm
worried I won't be able to access it after the expiration date.

As the author of content with restricted permission, you and anyone with
Full Control access will always be able to access the content after its
expiration date.

2. I cannot access a document with restricted permission that I was
previously able to access.

Permission to access the document may have expired, the author of the
document may have removed you from the list of users who have permission for
the document, or the document may no longer exist because it was deleted or
renamed.

3. I want to see what permissions I have for a document, but I don't know
where to find this information?

If you want to view the permissions you have for a document, workbook, or
presentation with restricted permission, click the Status tab in the Shared
Workspace task pane, and then click the View my permission link.

4. I tried to view a person's contact information in a document, but my
smart tags aren't working.

You probably don't have permission to view smart tags for that document.
Features such as smart tags only work when the author of the document has
given you permission to access the document programmatically.

5. Why can't I open a document with restricted permission when I'm working
offline?

In all cases, authors of documents, workbooks, and presentations with
restricted permission require you to connect to the Internet to verify your
credentials and confirm that you've been given permission to read the
content. Once you've verified your credentials for a document, workbook, or
presentation for the first time, you may be able to open that document,
workbook, or presentation at a later date, including when you are working
offline, without having to connect to the Internet again; however, authors
can require that you connect to the Internet to verify your credentials every
time you open a document, workbook, or presentation with restricted
permission.

Note For more troubleshooting information about messages with restricted
permission, see Troubleshoot e-mail messages with restricted permission.

Challa Prabhu

"Tom Tang" wrote:

is it possible to set modify privilege for different user?
for example, use A can only modify the sheet1, other sheets ready only, user
B can only be allowed to modify/edit sheet2, rest sheets read only.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I still did not get the answer.
Question re-state again.
Is it possible to set modify privilege for "sheet1" and "read only" for
other sheets for user A in a shared work book, and User B modification priv
for "sheet2" and read only for rest of sheet.

Hope my question make sense to you all.

Tom Tang