Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Look up the last cell in a column

I am transfering a value in one cell to another worksheet. I need it to pull
the last cell in that column with data in it. The sheet that I need to pull
from is a living document and changes daily. Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=LOOKUP(99^99,G:G)

will get the last NUMBERIC value in column G.

Does this help?

"BAKERSMAN" wrote:

I am transfering a value in one cell to another worksheet. I need it to pull
the last cell in that column with data in it. The sheet that I need to pull
from is a living document and changes daily. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You obviously need to change the workbook/sheet references to any formula
that is given to adapt to your real life situation

=LOOKUP(99^99,[Testme.xls]Sheet1!$G:$G)

Peo Sjoblom

"BAKERSMAN" wrote:

I am transfering a value in one cell to another worksheet. I need it to
pull
the last cell in that column with data in it. The sheet that I need to
pull
from is a living document and changes daily. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If there are no blank rows in-between

=INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A))

will return last value in A regardless of gender (numerical/text)

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<""),A1:A65535)

will return last value where there can be empty/blank rows in-between

Peo Sjoblom

"BAKERSMAN" wrote:

I am transfering a value in one cell to another worksheet. I need it to
pull
the last cell in that column with data in it. The sheet that I need to
pull
from is a living document and changes daily. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"BAKERSMAN" wrote:

I am transfering a value in one cell to another worksheet. I need it to pull
the last cell in that column with data in it. The sheet that I need to pull
from is a living document and changes daily. Can someone help?

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),[Testme.xls]Sheet1!$G:$G)

Ken Johnson