Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ner Ner is offline

Default How to change default workbook when starting Excel?

How can I change the default workbook, when I open Excel, from book1.xls to
personal.xls
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at he

http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...y-set-startup/

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"Ner" wrote:

How can I change the default workbook, when I open Excel, from book1.xls to
personal.xls

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ner

If you want a change the default workbook then you must use a template.

Open a new workbook and change the things you want in this workbook (Font/background color, font and font size and ?)
Then use FileSave As to save the file as a Template (xlt, in 2007 xltx or xltm) with the
name "Book" in the XLSTART folder.
Every workbook you insert is based on this template.

You can find the Excel startup folder here
Note: this a hidden folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Or in Vista
C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTA RT

With code you can find the correct path with this code line
MsgBox Application.StartupPath

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ner" wrote in message ...
How can I change the default workbook, when I open Excel, from book1.xls to
personal.xls

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to add to Ron's reply...

Most people use personal.xls as a home for the macros that they always want
available when excel starts. Most wouldn't want this used as a basis for any
new workbook.

In fact, this personal.xls is usually hidden from the user.

Ner wrote:

How can I change the default workbook, when I open Excel, from book1.xls to
personal.xls

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I successfully created book.xlt and sheet.xlt, and it's so nice to be
able to set my own colors. However, I just realized that when I open
a *.csv file (created by another application) with Excel, the color
palette that is used is the MS default. Does anyone know a way around
this?
Thanks!
Andrew